Close this search box.
Close this search box.

Play Video


If you’re looking for an American educational experience that is extraordinary, look no further. At CWC, we greatly value our international students and go out of our way to give them the best experience possible. Transferring to other universities is easy, and our international students who start their educational career with us do very well when they continue on.

Wyoming has the #1 community college system in the United States according to Central Wyoming College is a great fit for students who learn best through real-life practices and small class sizes. We’re the right place for students who want an education that is both affordable and valuable with professors who are great teachers and inspiring mentors. We offer an educational experience that puts YOU first!


Students who are neither citizens nor permanent residents of the United States are welcome to apply for admission. Once the student has completed all application forms, he or she will be issued an I-20. These are the requirements for admission:

  1. A completed application for admission.
  2. Guarantee of Support Form or a certified bank statement indicating that the applicant, applicant’s family or applicant’s sponsor are able to provide a minimum of $19,465 (U.S. funds) per academic year of study. Supporting documentation evidencing financial support (bank statements, deposit verification, etc.) must also be provided (Please note that actual living expenses will depend on lifestyle, and the total expenses might be lower than or exceed $19,465.)
  3. A housing application and $100 deposit. (For more information on the housing available at CWC, please visit the CWC Residential Life page.)
  4. An official copy of your high school and college transcripts. The high school transcript must contain the date of graduation.
    • To obtain an official transcript, reach out to your school and request for them to mail you a copy of your official transcript in a sealed envelope. Academic records must have a seal or an original signature in order to qualify. If the transcript is not in English, a certified translation must be provided.
    • Should you choose to mail Central Wyoming College your transcript, please make sure the records are sealed with your school’s stamp and mailed or sent via certified transportation. Certified transportion providers include: DHL, Fed-Ex, UPS, etc. Please mail or send the transcript directly to Central Wyoming College from your institution(s).
    • Athletes must have their translated and evaluated transcript(s) sent to Central Wyoming College prior to their arrival on campus. This is important for NJCAA and NIRA eligibility. It is recommended students use Spantran for their evaluations.
  5. An official copy of the applicant’s TOEFL report. A minimum score of 60 on the IBT or 500 on the PBT or 47 on the revised Paper Deliver test. CWC’s institution code is 4115. TOEFL scores should be sent directly to CWC’s International Student Advisor. A score of 6.0 on the IELTS exam will work in place of the TOEFL. Students from English speaking countries may waive this requirement with two letters of recommendation. Please contact the International Student Services at for more information.
  6. A health certificate, in English, signed by a licensed physician.
  7. A copy of current passport

Admission is granted with the understanding that you have a valid, unexpired visa and the ability to provide evidence of financial support. You must be fully prepared to meet the necessary financial obligations for the full time you will be in the U.S.

This is an estimated cost. Actual living expenses will depend on lifestyle, and the total expenses might be lower than or exceed $19,465. 
**This amount does not include travel, emergency costs, or other additional costs. The figure below is an estimated cost for 2023-2024.

Tuition and Fees$11,100
Room and Board with deposits and fees$5,928
Books and Supplies$1,200
Local Transportation$220
Personal Expenses and Health Insurance$1,017

For more information on the housing options at CWC, please visit the CWC Residential Life page.*Based on 15 credits – additional course fees may apply
**2-Bedroom, Double-Occupancy 
***Cost includes a full meal plan

Generally, international students whose native language is not English are required to provide results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the academic module of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). We now accept the Duolingo English Test as a means of proving proficiency in the English Language. 

In order to succeed academically at CWC, international students must have strong English speaking, writing, reading, and listening skills. English proficiency for study at the undergraduate level must be demonstrated by one of the following:

Obtaining a minimum required the score on an English Proficiency examination:

English Proficiency Examination

Minimum Required Score

Internet-based TOEFL test (iBT)


revised TOEFL Paper-delivered test 


Paper-based TOEFL test (PBT)




Duolingo English Test


Official TOEFL scores must be submitted and should be sent directly to Central Wyoming College using the institution code of 4115. Please reference the chart below to see the TOEFL requirement needed for admission:



Internet-based test (iBT)


with the following
minimum section
scores preferred: 

Reading: 15
Speaking: 15
Listening: 15
Writing: 15

Paper-delivered test (PDT)

The following section scores are required: 

Reading: 15
Listening: 15
Writing: 17


English Proficiency Requirement for Admission (Exempt Countries)

All international applicants whose education has been primarily outside the United States of America must provide objective evidence of proficiency in the English language. However, the following countries/territories exceptions apply:

AustraliaFijiMalawiSouth Africa
BarbadosGhanaNew ZealandTanzania
BelizeGuyanaNigeria Trinidad & Tobago
BotswanaIrelandPapua New GuineaTurks & Caicos Islands
Canada (except Quebec)KenyaSamoaUnited Kingdom
Dominica LesothoScotlandUnited States
FijiLiberiaSierra LeoneZambia

If an international applicant’s native language is English, or he/she has graduated from college/university in which English was the language of instruction, an applicant may request a waiver of the TOEFL or IELTS exemption.

The International Student Services may invite students to participate in a verbal and writing interview to assess your English writing, comprehension and communications skills.

Please contact the International Student Services for more information at

International Students, who are not permanent residents of the United States, are not eligible for Federal Financial Aid. Each student must demonstrate that he/she, or his/her sponsor, has $19,250 (US) per academic year in order to receive an I-20 and acceptance to CWC.

All international students are eligible for international guaranteed scholarships which are worth anywhere from $4,440 to $5,970. The requirements for these scholarships as as follows:

Guaranteed Scholarships for International Students Flyer

Also, Central Wyoming College offers some funded scholarships to support international CWC students. As a prospective international student, you can submit an application through the scholarship to be considered. The scholarships application for Fall will be open on October 1st, and the deadlines for the application will be March 1st. Please note, this application is separate from the admission application. To consider for the additional scholarships, you must create a profile in the scholarships portal.

List of Internal/External Scholarships

An additional scholarship, available only to international students, is awarded each semester in the amount of $200. To be eligible, each student must be an active participant in the Multicultural Club for one semester. Applications are available through the Multicultural Advisor.

Central Wyoming College provides International Student Services for a smooth transition for international students. The staff will guide the student through the requirements.

Jason HarrisProfile photo of Devin King
Jason Harris 
International Student Advisor
Devin King 
International Student Recruiter

Please request all necessary application material forms by calling Central Wyoming College at (307)855-2115 or

by email:

by mailing:
International Student Services
Central Wyoming College
2660 Peck Avenue
Riverton, Wyoming 82501

All international students attending college at Central Wyoming College must enroll in a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester.

Admission is granted with the understanding that the student has a valid, unexpired visa and the ability to provide evidence of financial support. The student must be fully prepared to meet the necessary financial obligations for the entire time they will be in the U.S.

The Multicultural club is a fun and active group on campus that offers students from all around the world the opportunity to build close friendships with each other, while sharing their cultures with each other and the community. The club, which is one of the largest on campus, helps international students adjust to being away from home by giving them a place where they can feel comfortable, relaxed and yet involved in something meaningful.

Club members become very close over the two to three years that they are here, and leave knowing they have life-long friends.

Club sponsored fundraisers

The club sponsors several fundraisers throughout the year so that it can afford to take various trips, have parties and do other fun activities. The money raised from these fundraisers goes into an International Student Scholarship Fund. These special scholarships are only awarded to active members of the club who have demonstrated exemplary participation.

The club meets once every week throughout the school year, and every other meeting we try to plan a presentation from a member of the club about his/her country. Often at meetings, we like to have a sampling of some native food as well. Each year the club plans various trips, including one big field trip at the end of each spring semester. Trips in the past have included places like Denver, CO and Rapid City, SD.

All students are welcome to join, whether international or not. If you are interested in being a part of the Multicultural Club, contact International Student Services at

You can also join our Multicultural Club on Facebook.

Health care costs in the United States are extremely expensive. It is not uncommon for a doctor’s visit with lab work, x-rays, and medication to reach into the hundreds or even thousands of dollars.

Central Wyoming College does not offer student health insurance. Therefore, all international students are required to purchase medical insurance from an agent/company of their choice. We encourage an international student to select insurance coverage that best meets their individual needs. You will be required to show proof of health insurance prior to enrolling in classes and throughout your enrollment.

Health Insurance Requirements: International students must purchase health insurance that meets each requirement listed below and must be covered for the entire semester (prior to registration):

  • Minimum of $100,000 of medical benefits per condition, per year
  • Minimum of $50,000 in coverage for medical evacuation
  • Minimum of $25,000 in coverage for repatriation benefits
  • Annual deductible of no more than $500
  • Pregnancy must be covered as any other condition
  • Inpatient hospitalization
  • Outpatient surgery
  • Primary care services
  • Specialty care services
  • Pre-existing condition waiver offered if previous 6-month continuous coverage
  • Prescription feature
  • A United States insurance carrier with a minimum A.M. Best Rating of A-, VIII

These are some providers of health insurance recommended to International Students:

Overview of the US Healthcare System for International Students


To be eligible for CWC scholarships which require a GPA, an international student will need to submit their FINAL high school and college/university transcripts with graduation dates.  The final Grade Point Average (GPA) must be equated to the United States GPA as well as relevant college term and credit earned. This must be done through an approved transcript evaluation company and the student is responsible for all costs. Failure to submit a properly evaluated college/university transcript may make a student ineligible for scholarships.  Any exceptions to the transcript requirement will be made in consultation with the VP for Student Affairs.

International Student Guidebook

States with the Best College Systems

Source: WalletHub

Wyoming ranks #1 in the country!